There are 13 red wine grape varieties classified for the production of quality wine in Austria, and approximately one-third of Austrian vineyard area is planted with red wine varieties. By far the most successful red wine variety is the Blauer Zweigelt, an Austrian crossing, of which there are many planted in regional vineyards. Other indigenous varieties include Blaufränkischand St. Laurent, which have already received international acclaim. International varieties, such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, are popular wines for blending with native Austrian red wine varieties.
The starter set contains:
- (1) bottle of Zweigelt- single grape variety wine
- (1) bottle of Blaufränkisch – single grape variety wine
- (1) bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon – single grape variety wine
- (1) bottle of Oak Wine Red
- (1) bottle of Dulcis Wine Red
- (1) Measuring Cylinder 100ml